Wednesday 18 March 2020

Hello Everyone

Welcome to my blog. As you may be aware services at Almondbury, St Paul's Dalton and Shelley Methodist churches have had to be cancelled until further notice due to the coronaviris outbreak. One way I thought I could try to keep in touch with you all was by setting up this blog. I have never done a blog before so apologies in advance if it's not as good as some others, I will learn as I go along. Learning as we go along can be seen as part of our christian journey and in the time ahead we will all be needing to learn how to do things a bit differently as we come to terms with what is happening in our nation and across the world. I  do however believe that God is with us, there to sustain and support us especially at times like this. Whenever we see an act of random kindness there I believe we see the love of God at work. Do please look out for each other through prayers and deeds. I hope to be posting on a daily basis.
If you would like to join me with the prayer below you are welcome to do so.

God bless us all.



Dear God

In times of great concern and challenge You are our rock and deliverer.

Be with all those who have been affected in whatever way by the coronavirus.
Let them know your presence at this time.

We pray for all those in authority who have difficult decisions to make, may your wisdom guide them and sustain them.

We pray for ourselves, that you will bless us with your peace which passes all understanding, especially in those times when we may feel anxious.

This we ask in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen

3 comments:

  1. Finding the blog encouraging and uplifting Tim, an example of the positive side of social media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. God bless.

      Delete